Friday, February 1, 2013

statement floral fashion

Happy February! Good news! Madewell's extra 40% sale items + free shipping is still going on, and don't think I haven't noticed. (Promo: LOVE40 extended to 2/3/13) Right now, they also have free shipping sitewide. But extra 40% off.. I just can't resist. I'm already drooling over a couple items.

I own a lot of button-down blouses, but this Silk Rose Print Boyshirt is just so cute! This is the get-ready-for spring blouse that I desperately need. The floral print would look so gorgeous layered underneath a bright sweater, jacket, or blazer.
Speaking of blazers.. The Charade Blazer was also just added to the sale section. I love the style, the color, everything about this blazer. It's bold but can also look classic with a fitted top and skinny jeans. I'm digging it.
And moving on from the most fantastic floral shirt to an even more perfect floral statement necklace..

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. But I wore one of my favorite Madewell sweaters-- Spotted Snowfall Sweater in Burnt Sienna. I almost bought it for regular price but I was lucky enough to get the extra 40% off sale price about a month ago. So happy. This sweater is so soft, cozy, and probably my favorite polka dot piece in my closet right now. If it looks familiar, you probably watch Hart of Dixie. I definitely don't wear it as well as Summer Roberts-- er Zoe Hart-- but, let's face it, most people don't.

Bauble of the Day: BaubleBar's Gold Glitz Strand and Ice Flora Bib. The Ice Flora Bib is such a statement piece because of the over-sized floral design. But what makes this necklace special (and so spectacular) is that it's clear! It adds a uniqueness to my outfit but doesn't take away from my sweater. I layered it with the Gold Glitz Strand, which has just the right amount of structured sparkle to glam up my neckline.
And let's talk booties real quick. Shoes-- not junk in the trunk. I have a zillion pairs of booties (hoarder status). In honor of R. Bilson, I wore my Shoemint Esther booties in taupe. I adore these booties. They are so comfortable and have just enough heel for me. I like how these have a relatively basic design, with a zipper running down the instep and slight cinching on the sides. Plus they are neutral, so they go with everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment